Dracaena Marginata Plant Care Tips
Dracaena Marginata or Madagascar Dragon Tree Plants, make a big impact as an indoor plant. They grow to be tall trees that aren't just visually stunning in a space, they also remove harmful chemicals from the air.
HOW TO CARE FOR DRACAENA MARGINATA PLANTS
Dracaena Marginata Light Requirements
- Dracaena Marginata prefers medium light but can survive in low light.
- Low light slows the growth rate of new leaves.
- Dracaena Marginata should not receive direct sunlight, it burns the leaves.
Dracaena Marginata Watering Requirements
- Only water your Dracaena Marginata when the top 1-2 inches of soil is dry.
- Use room temperate water.
- Yellow leaves indicate a thirsty Dracaena Marginata.
- Brown edges of a green leaf indicate overwatering.
- Be mindful of fluoride levels in water. Use distilled water is possible.
Dracaena Marginata Maintenance Tips
- Dracaena Marginata do not like temperatures below 65 degrees F.
- Trim or prune any yellow leaves and cut the brown spots off leaves with a sharp pair of scissors.
Are Dracaena Marginatas Poisonous?
- Yes, Dracaena Marginata are extremely poisonous to dogs and cats. Luckily our pup doesn't munch on plants, but if yours does, do not bring this one home.
- Dracaena Marginata are not poisonous to humans.